Amsterdam Pride’s Canal Parade is one of the most unique Pride parades in the world.
All on water, 80 boats from the Dutch community take to the water to celebrate Pride.
The theme this year was ‘Heroes’.
This meant superhero costumes, Wonder Woman kissing Catwoman, and many shirtless guys and girls.
Gay Star News was there in the middle of it all, live streaming on Facebook.
Take a look at some of our best pics, as well as a few from Instagram, here:
1. Some took to the skies at Amsterdam Pride
2. While others got dressed…or undressed…
3. One boat remembered the Stonewall Riots in New York City
4. While some were just there to celebrate (check out the David Bowie boat!)
5. Eleni from Eurovision was ‘yeah yeah…fire’
6. The theme for Amsterdam Pride was ‘heroes’
7. And that included bisexuals, fighting for representation
8. …gay guys enjoying a fun day out
9. …and everyone under the rainbow
10. Some jumped for joy
11. Bianca Del Rio and May Day were there as well
12. The last boat let people know about next year’s World Pride in New York City
13. There was a lot of heart
14. And a lot of body
15. Iranian LGBTIs had their own boat at the parade
16. Everyone sang along to Eurovision classics
17. But most of all people were here to celebrate
18. Do a bit of activism…
20. Fight for what they believe in
21. And have a great time
22. So whether you are gay, straight, bi, trans, lesbian, queer or any other sexual or gender identity, Amsterdam Pride was a perfect day to celebrate and commemorate
23. And to remember why we fight
Source: Gay News